Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Seattle Smells Like Christmas

We were talking about how San Francisco smelled like Sydney, Australia. When we arrived at our next destination Seattle, I thought this place smelled like Christmas. So many big pine trees everywhere you see.

It reminded me a lot like Virginia, but with a beautiful lake and snowy mountains.

We went hiking, and then went to a German little town called Leavenworth which you have to go check it out if you are around Seattle. It’s about 2 hours drive, and apparently it looks awesome around Christmas time.

IMG_2150

IMG_2166

IMG_2187 IMG_2198(I can definitely see Edward from Twilight running through the forest here, hehe……)

IMG_2263

IMG_2279

(I can’t wait to go back to this German town this Christmas.)

I don’t think I personally could live at a place that rains all the time, but Seattle does have a few redeeming quality. And Pike Place Market is definitely on the top of my list.

IMG_2706

IMG_2708

IMG_2692

I love food, so every time when I see beautiful vegetables and proteins, my blood starts running hot, and my heart starts pumping fast. I always ask my husband if I could bring home some fresh tomato, and greens home when we are out visiting a different part of the country. He always gets a pretty good laugh at me.

IMG_2712

IMG_2672

IMG_2682

IMG_2683 (Have you seen this swirly green thing before? I wonder how they taste. Hmmmm…)

IMG_2685

IMG_2696

The most exciting part of Pike Place Market is the fish throwing between the workers.

IMG_2677

IMG_2686(Did I mention looking at seafood makes me drool?)

Seattle was pretty cool. I really appreciate how quiet it is down town after visiting San Francisco. This city definitely has a lot to offer.

IMG_2620

No comments:

Post a Comment